What is a PaperSpigot Minecraft Server?
1. First, we need a Filebase IPFS bucket.
2. Select ‘Buckets’ from the left sidebar menu, or navigate to console.filebase.com/buckets.
3. Enter a bucket name and choose the IPFS storage network to create the bucket.
4. Login to the Vultr web dashboard.
5. Select the ‘Deploy Server’ button or select the blue plus sign icon in the right upper corner.
6. Select the type of server you’d like to use for your Minecraft server.
7. Select a server location.
8. For the server image, select ‘Marketplace Apps’, then select Minecraft (PaperSpigot).
9. Select a size for your server.
10. Disable automatic backups.
11. Provide a label and hostname for your server:
12. Select ‘Deploy Now’ to deploy your server.
13. Once deployed, wait for your instance to change from ‘Installing’ to ‘Running’:
14. Click on the server to bring up the server details.
15. Open the Web Console of the server:
16. Login to the web console with the username and password for the server.
17. Download and install AWS CLI with the following commands:
18. Configure AWS CLI for use with your Filebase account.
19. Next, download the Minecraft backup script from GitHub.
20. Make a new directory to store your backups:
21. Next, create a new file called minecraft_backup_job.sh.
22. Next, set up automation of this script using a cronjob.
23. Add the following line to your crontab to create a cronjob that runs your minecraft_backup_job.sh script: