Learn more about Filebase's pricing and billing by reading our most frequently asked billing questions.
Have a question about Filebase's pricing or billing? Learn more by reading our most frequently asked billing questions.
Once you create a Filebase account, your account will be a free user by default. Filebase is free to use for all users, who can store up to 5GB of data on Filebase with no credit card required. After 5GB, users will need to upgrade to our subscription model.
- 1.Visit the Billing page of the dashboard. Subscriptions are split between the IPFS network and the Sia network. The IPFS Pricing Plans will be shown first, followed by the Decentralized Storage Pricing Plan for the Sia network.
3. Once you select a plan, you will be redirected to a Stripe checkout screen. Enter your billing information and confirm your subscription by selecting 'Subscribe'.
The Stripe checkout will detail 3 parts:
- Your base subscription plan: In this example, the IPFS Starter Plan is used.
- IPFS Storage: This refers to any storage used that is over the selected plan's included storage. For the IPFS Starter Plan, this is any storage over 200GB.
- IPFS Bandwidth: This refers to any bandwidth used that is over the selected plan's included bandwidth. For the IPFS Starter Plan, this is any bandwidth over 400GB.
2. You will be redirected to a Stripe webpage to enter your new payment information.
3. Click 'Save Card'.
Filebase's minimum monthly charge for IPFS paid subscriptions is $20 per month.
- 200 GB IPFS Storage. Additional storage over 200 GB is billed @ $0.15/GB.
- Unlimited Number of Pinned Files
- 400 GB of egress bandwidth. Additional Bandwidth is billed @ $0.015/GB.
- 1 Dedicated IPFS Gateway
- IPFS Pinning Service API
- S3-Compatible API
- Unlimited API Requests
- Unlimited Filebase Public Gateway Bandwidth
Filebase's minimum monthly charge for storage on the Sia network only is $5.99, which includes the first 1 TB of storage and 1 TB of bandwidth.
Storage Usage Charges: Calculated on the amount of active storage that is stored with Filebase for the billing cycle.
Bandwidth Usage Charges: Amount of data (object data only) that leaves (egresses) the Filebase platform.
Billing Periods: Filebase bills on a 30-day cycle, regardless of the length of the month or when the billing cycle starts.
To downgrade your account to a different paid tier, simply select the tier you'd like to downgrade to and confirm the transaction through the Stripe checkout screen.
If you are using storage or bandwidth over the included amount in the tier you are downgrading to, please note that you will be charged an overage charge for the amount of storage and bandwidth used that is over the amount included in your new subscription tier.
Canceling your paid subscription is simple. To start, your account must be using 5 GB or less to fit within our free tier. You will not be able to downgrade until your account is consuming 5GB or less. Then, follow these easy steps:
Due to the nature of our service (data storage), customers must clean up and remove all of their data first before closing their account. This can be done from within our console dashboard or using our API, though the API is the recommended workflow.
We only allow 1,000 files to be deleted at a time from our browser dashboard. Depending on the number of files that you have, you can click Delete and wait a few minutes, or you can use an API client such as CyberDuck or AWS CLI to delete your data.